Season Explorers is an enrichment program focused on encouraging a child’s love for exploration, imagination and creativity. This seasonal program is designed to support our community when your child school is not in session.
Each week is carefully designed to focus on teamwork promoting life long skills such as empathy and respect. We believe that our program will promote long lasting bonds of friendship and citizenship.
Our weekly themes are designed with a variety of interesting activities such as Science, Botany, Agricultural Activities, Creative Play, Sports, Yoga, Arts and crafts and Special Guest appearances.
Regular Hours 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Extended Hours 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- PRICES & SCHEDULE
5 days regular $ 330.00
5 days extended $ 350.00
4 days regular $ 285
4 days extended $300
3 days regular $ 265
3 days extended $ 280
2 days regular $ 235 2 days extended 250
1 day regular $ 100
1 day extended $ 120
CIT: $ 150 per week (at this time we will be accepting only 25 CITs)
- coupon code : sibling (use when you register each additional child)
Life should be filled with wonder, discoveries
Let you child know and
Let them come to
Register for Weekly Themes
Within our weekly themes we offer daily activities to support our explorers love for different activities such as sports, arts, dance, cooking and much more.
Choose your favorite week(s) below
Week 1 – June 18th to June 22nd
Welcome to Expedition, Exploration & Introduction Week!
This week is designed to familiarize your child with our program. We will introduce all the age appropriate in daily activities. We will be getting to know each other, making new friends, continuing friendships with returning explorers and learning to build teamwork within each age group. We will be exploring our amazing park like environment and agricultural area. Where they can safely explore and go on mini expeditions throughout our beautiful landscape. We will be taking nature walks and looking for Henry the peacock in his secret garden. Explorers will also be introduce to the amazing farm animals our alpacas, donkeys, goats, pigs, bunnies and turkey as well teach them about their environment and needs. Planting and cropping are on our to do list and much more. Come check us out, you will love it !!!
Week 2 – June 25th to June 29th
Science and Sci-Fi Week
It is a new land, new discoveries, new science experiments and activities. So, strap on your goggles, grab your spacesuit and let the intergalactic journey begin. We will be spending time in our lab and real greenhouse, building and investigating all the natural wonders of science. If your explorer is a Sci Fi lover or is passionate about Star Wars he will love this week, because we will dress up and play different characters. We will turn our explorers into Jedi masters, and develop their passion for space travel and exploration. Come and let the force be with you!
Week 3 – July 2nd to July 6th
(4 days week – close at 4th of July)
DIY (“Do It Yourself” ) Week
Our explorers will learn how important it is to reuse and recycle. They will create all kinds of things with old and used recycled materials to build objects to play with or use in their daily lives. They will be introduced to basic chemistry and use skills such as sewing and building to create many different items. These activities will inspire and promote teamwork, curiosity and new skills in our future inventors. DIY projects such as slime , lava lamps, plastic water bottles mobiles, t-shirt pillowcases and many more. They will also do a showcase where we will display their amazing creations. Come and be creative!
Week 4 : July 9th to July 13th
Harry Potter and the Land of Stories
While Harry Potter is still popular, and we love to dress up as him. This week we will be exploring many loved stories through time. Who does not like to participate in a “Quidditch” match or be part of the sorting hat and find out which house you belong in? You could be Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin or Ravenclaw. Make potions, magic wands with Ms. Olivander’s, learn spells, make fairy gardens and many others arts and crafts will be in our list to do. We will use our imaginations during creative play and theatrical performances in our outdoor theatre. Come be part of this fun week and join us for a Banquet Wizard’s potluck luncheon and finalize this week.
Week 5: July 16th to July 20th
Lego, Architecture, and Beyond.
Oh Yeah !!! We are Lego lovers and builders, for about 8 years now. Our program has been building with over thousands of Legos. Our explorers love and always ask us to do this week again. So, here it goes… Legos, Legos and more Legos will be there for you. You will play, create and make toys or just do a design, whatever you will decide and guess what? You do not have to even take it apart, we have plenty of Legos to keep building the whole week. Through different materials besides Legos, in this exciting week we will also create models and build things to improve our explorers intellectual skills. We will help our explorers of all ages discover the architect in them. So come build and create with us.
Week 6- July 23th to July 27th
X-Terra Summer Games and Obstacle Course
Week 7: July 30th to August 3rd
The summer is ending, but don’t be sad. We will finish with our traditional “Farm Wedding”.
We will plan this event and perform like a real wedding ceremony. We will need all of you to help us decide who will be the lucky couple getting married. You will become the justice of the peace, best men, bridesmaids, flowers girls, ring bearer, wedding planners, security and much more. Every single Explorer will have a part in this amazing event. They will also be inviting their families to see what they created and prepared for this special occasion as well see our friends saying their “I do’s “. And of course like every real wedding be part of our Potluck reception following the ceremony. So, come be part of this experience with us. It is guaranteed to be fun and you will create memories for a life time !
Introducing our CIT
(Counselor in Training) Program
We would like to welcome and invite our future mentor, leaders and coaches to enjoy this program. This is an exclusive invitation to a limited amount of teens ages 13 to 16 years old. This is an opportunity to help them build strong friendships along with peers. It is designed to inspire young people who can became involve in community bases organizations . CITs will be learning life long skills as a mentor and they will be participating and enjoying activities along side other explorers. We are looking forward to see you at Season Explorers! Thank you ????
THINGS TO KNOW
“We have a NEW LOCATION”
From Magnolia going WEST, turn right on Radford St and another right on Weddington.
You will see the school big gates and signs -“Season Explorers”
Season Explorers Phone (818) 653-2267
- 1 coach plus 1 Jr. coach for 12 explorers
- For Explorers’ safety, all school gates will be closed after last drop off 9:30am. A phone number will be attached to the site main gate for parents to call if necessary.
- Please label every single item: backpacks, etc (sometimes Explorers have identical items)
- Electronics, special collectable cards and toys are not allowed at Season Explorers. Please leave your child sentimental items at home.
- EXPLORER HOURS
Regular hours are 9am–4pm.
Extended hours are 7:30am – 6:00 pm
- LUNCH TIME
12:30pm- Explorers must bring their own lunch
Explorers with allergies: please make sure to inform coordinator or add special instructions at registration form. Medicines must be labeled and approved by a doctor
THINGS TO BRING
Important items that campers must bring:
- Change of clothing (for waterplay, gardening, painting, etc)
- Towel and water shoes (or extra old sandals for water play)
Sample of Season Explorers Summer Daily Schedule
- 7:30 to 9:15am – Free Play at yard with coaches supervision
- 9:15am – Explorers will be called to wash up
- 9:30am – gates are locked and parents are living
- 9:30am to 10:15am – Explorers will be at the shady canopy area to receive morning snack, we will also introduce the coaches, rules and regulations, earthquake drills, schedule of the day etc.
- 10:15am to 10:30am Explorers are divided by age group
- 10:30am to 12:30pm Explorers will start their rotations that consisted in different activities depending the day or weather.
Our morning part of the day is dedicated to outdoors. Activities could be:
- Different sports & activities for example: (soccer,baseball,volleyball,basketball,tennis or water play, boot camp, track & field or gardening, and farm club.) At our program we have a mini farm where we do have a pig, sheep, chickens, rabbits, and guinea pigs and the Explorers are allowed to work in their environment as well have a quality time with them.
- Part of the Morning is also dedicated to the theme of the week with outside companies that are hired to come over and teach Explorers.
It may vary, sometimes venders will be coming afternoons.
- 12:30pm wash up…
- 12:45pm to 1:30pm Explorers will have lunch at the shady canopy area
- 1:30pm to 3:30pm – 2nd Rotation, this time indoors.
- Rotation consiste in divided the Explorers again by age group and activities will be:
Arts & Crafts (that will be according with theme of the week), Music, Dance, Pottering, Science Experiments
- 3:30pm to 4:00pm – Wash up & 2nd snack
- 4:00pm – Some Explorers go home
- 4:00pm to 5:30pm – Outside games and closing out the farm (Explorers help put small animals in their homes and during the day they are free at farm area)
- 5:30pm to 6:00pm – Board games, puzzles, drawing, reading or playing games with coaches inside classroom
- waiting for Parents. Don’t forget to sign out your Explorers.
REMINDER TO PARENTS:
- During the day Explorers are reminded to have water breaks and bathroom breaks – we provide Sparkletts filtered water.
- Our snacks are granola bars, goldfish, animal crackers, fruits, muffins, pretzels, cheese and saltines etc Milk, water or juice
- If your child is allergic or dairy free please make sure to write down at registration form. We will make sure he/she will get the appropriate snack.
- An information board will be at the pick up/drop off area with daily/weekly announcements to inform of special guest, parties, special dress code for the day, Please check it out daily.
- If a person other than Parent or authorized adult will pick up child a verbal authorization and proper ID will be required.
- Sunscreen is provide at check-in area. Coaches also apply sunscreen to Explorers as needed during the day.
THE FINE PRINT…
- Sibling Discount: 5% off each additional child
coupon code : sibling (use when you register each additional child)
- Explorers T-shirts are $20.00 each
- You may sign up Explorers for as many weeks as they like.
- Registrations can be done online but if you would like in-person registration please contact Mrs Leila or Mrs Karyn at (818) 653-2267 to set up a date and time.
- There will be a $5.00 processing fee when you register.
Does this program do field trips ?
No, we do not take our explorers out of our campus, but we do bring attractions and qualified entertaining companies to our location, such as super heroes characters, qualified coaches for different activities, as yoga, martial, music, arts etc.
Does this program provide lunch?
No. All Explorers must bring their lunch – Our program provide two snacks during the day, juice and filtered water.
If your child is allergic to anything, please make a note on the registration form and if they are taking medication, you must provide a doctor’s note.
* Option for busy Parents – order a delicious lunch by www.culinaryzipline.com they will deliver at our program.
“We believe that being in nature is nourishment for the soul… childhood is about playing, discovering and believing in dreams because the imagination and possibilities are endless.”